The Music Crib V.2

You appear to be not logged in. Log in here.

If you are a member then join, what are you waiting for?

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Music Crib V.2

You appear to be not logged in. Log in here.

If you are a member then join, what are you waiting for?

The Music Crib V.2

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Music Crib V.2

The second version of T.M.C. It ranges from everything: Rock to Jazz, 50's to New Age and The Beatles to Eminem. Discuss it all here.

5 posters

Oasis

Sykesy
    Sykesy
    Co-Admin
    Co-Admin

Male Posts : 182

Oasis Empty Oasis

Post by Sykesy Sat May 23, 2009 4:39 am

Oasis Oasis-19-1-1
    Oasis are an English rock band that formed in Manchester in 1991. Originally known as The Rain, the group was formed by Liam Gallagher (vocals), Paul Arthurs (guitar), Paul McGuigan (bass guitar) and Tony McCarroll (drums, percussion), who were soon joined by Liam's older brother Noel Gallagher (lead guitar and vocals). Oasis have sold over 50 million records worldwide,[1] have had eight UK number-one singles and have collected fifteen NME Awards, five BRIT Awards, nine Q Awards and four MTV Europe Music Awards. In February 2007, Oasis received the BRIT Award for outstanding contribution to music. The Gallagher brothers are the band's leading songwriters and the only continual members. The present lineup is completed by guitarist Gem Archer and bassist Andy Bell, as well as unofficial drummer Chris Sharrock.

The band initially gained prominence performing on the Manchester club circuit. They were signed to independent record label Creation Records and afterwards released their debut album Definitely Maybe in 1994. The following year, the band recorded (What's the Story) Morning Glory? (1995) with their new drummer Alan White in the midst of rivalry with Britpop peers Blur in the charts. The Gallagher brothers featured regularly in tabloid newspapers for their sibling disputes and wild lifestyles. Oasis released their third album, Be Here Now in 1997, which is the fastest-selling album in UK chart history. The band lost two long-time members Paul McGuigan and Paul Arthurs as they went onto record and release Standing on the Shoulder of Giants in 2000 and Heathen Chemistry in 2002. Don't Believe the Truth, released in 2005, was voted in the top 50 of best British albums of all time in a Q Magazine poll.[2] Oasis' latest album, Dig Out Your Soul (2008), reached number one in the British charts with a platinum certification.

Any Fans?

They are definitely known for there track 'Wonderwall'. But does anyone like them other then that track.

My Favorite track is of the same album as Wonderwall. The album is called '(What's The Story) Morning Glory' and My favorite track of theirs is 'Don't Look Back In Anger'. Definitely a brilliant track.
    BOLTONSEMEN
    BOLTONSEMEN

Male Posts : 46

Oasis Empty Re: Oasis

Post by BOLTONSEMEN Sat May 23, 2009 4:55 am

Didn't you once label them #10 in your least favorite artists on CGS in a stab towards me? Good times lol.
    Sykesy
    Sykesy
    Co-Admin
    Co-Admin

Male Posts : 182

Post by Sykesy Sat May 23, 2009 4:57 am

That was like two weeks ago ...

And yeah, I did Razz
    Kizza

Post by Kizza Sat May 23, 2009 8:04 am

Nausiating. Can't stand their music at all. Just incredibly boring and such. No thanks.
    Scarface
    Scarface
    Co-Admin
    Co-Admin

Male Posts : 63

Post by Scarface Sat May 23, 2009 8:17 am

I love Oasis' early stuff. These days they are pretty meh, but that 'Morning Glory' album was absolutely awesome. So many great tracks on that album with 'Wonderwall' being the best in my opinion. Oasis have real ability as song writers, and at their 90s peak, they were probably the best band in the world in my estimation.
    Bek

Post by Bek Sun May 24, 2009 8:53 am

I only really like Wonderwall. I don't mind (What's The Story) Morning Glory. But the rest I find really mediocre.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:54 pm