The Music Crib V.2

You appear to be not logged in. Log in here.

If you are a member then join, what are you waiting for?

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Music Crib V.2

You appear to be not logged in. Log in here.

If you are a member then join, what are you waiting for?

The Music Crib V.2

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Music Crib V.2

The second version of T.M.C. It ranges from everything: Rock to Jazz, 50's to New Age and The Beatles to Eminem. Discuss it all here.

2 posters

Modern Metal bands

Sykesy
    Sykesy
    Co-Admin
    Co-Admin

Male Posts : 182

Modern Metal bands Empty Modern Metal bands

Post by Sykesy Fri May 15, 2009 6:45 pm

Bands like Black Sabbath, Megadeth, Metallica, Deep purple etc. have established Metal but soon bands will have to feel there shoes. Who do you think some metal bands are that could fill the shoes of these greats.

There are definitely a few:

SOAD:

I know they are currently on hiatus but this band are probably the most obvious when it comes to recent metal which is just great. Songs like "Chop Suey", "Toxicity", "B.Y.O.B" and "F*ck The System" are all adrenaline pumping metal to its finest. Serj said that they still are good friends and not to count out a reunion of the band which would be amazing.

Godsmack:

Not many have heard of this band but IMO these guys are like the modern day Metallica. They have brilliant drum fills and great guitar riffs along with amazing vocals. If you have not heard this band i suggest you check them out and listen to the song "I Stand Alone" and "Greed".

Avenged Sevenfold:

Well obviously these guys would have to be up there. Probably the most established metal band of the past year as success goes and they just keep on getting better. The Rev's drum work is amazing and Synyster Gates just makes the guitar work even better. Also Zacky is brilliant but IMO the stand out would have to be M. Shadows, his vocals just fit perfect with there music.

Trivium:

Just WOW! There old stuff is remarkable but Shogun really was a massive step up for them. They have proven there are the definition of Metal and are really a solid band with some amazing tracks and Amazing guitar work. Matt is such an awesome performer, these guys are just brilliant.
    Kizza

Modern Metal bands Empty Re: Modern Metal bands

Post by Kizza Wed May 20, 2009 6:00 am

Ehh, I would hardly classify Godsmack as metal.

And if Avenged's album isn't better and heavier than their self titled one, they're done in my book.