The Music Crib V.2

You appear to be not logged in. Log in here.

If you are a member then join, what are you waiting for?

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Music Crib V.2

You appear to be not logged in. Log in here.

If you are a member then join, what are you waiting for?

The Music Crib V.2

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Music Crib V.2

The second version of T.M.C. It ranges from everything: Rock to Jazz, 50's to New Age and The Beatles to Eminem. Discuss it all here.

5 posters

U2 (damn topic lengths!)

BOLTONSEMEN
    BOLTONSEMEN

Male Posts : 46

U2 (damn topic lengths!) Empty U2 (damn topic lengths!)

Post by BOLTONSEMEN Tue May 19, 2009 6:51 am

U2 (damn topic lengths!) U2

U2 are a rock band from Dublin, Ireland. The band consists of Bono (vocals and guitar), The Edge (guitar, keyboards, and vocals), Adam Clayton (bass guitar) and Larry Mullen, Jr. (drums and percussion).

The band formed in 1976 when the members were teenagers with limited musical proficiency. By the mid-1980s, the band had become a top international act, noted for their anthemic sound, Bono's impassioned vocals, and The Edge's textural guitar playing. Their success as a live act was greater than their success at selling records until their 1987 album The Joshua Tree[1] elevated the band's stature "from heroes to superstars," according to Rolling Stone. U2 responded to the dance and alternative rock revolutions and their own sense of musical stagnation by reinventing themselves with their 1991 album Achtung Baby and the accompanying Zoo TV Tour. Similar experimentation continued for the rest of the 1990s. Since 2000, U2 have pursued a more conventional rock sound that retains the influence of their previous musical explorations.

U2 have sold more than 145 million albums worldwide and have won 22 Grammy Awards,[5] more than any other band. In 2005, the band were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in their first year of eligibility. Rolling Stone magazine listed U2 at #22 in its list of the 100 greatest artists of all time.

I like these guys, I enjoy their 80s work although if someone will link me to a torrent, I'll try out some of their 90s stuff.
    Kizza

U2 (damn topic lengths!) Empty Re: U2 (damn topic lengths!)

Post by Kizza Tue May 19, 2009 7:06 am

Never got into U2 besides a couple of songs. Their new album is pretty good though.
    Sykesy
    Sykesy
    Co-Admin
    Co-Admin

Male Posts : 182

Post by Sykesy Tue May 19, 2009 7:21 am

Firstly, U2 are just amazing. Every album is another experiment for U2. They mix with sounds other bands have never tried, They think of new variations of chords in every single song. They are brilliant. I have been in aurora of there music for many years. Each album is a journey and I love it.

Anyway, Here are some 90's and 2000's songs I suggest you check out.

One
    Mysterious Ways (A Perfect example of experimenting with new sounds)
    Electrical Storm
    Beautiful Day
    Elevation
    Vertigo
    The Saints Are Coming Feat. Green Day

Bono voice is just beyond words, Not even Perfect can live up to it ...

Sorry I could not find a torrent for an album.
    BOLTONSEMEN
    BOLTONSEMEN

Male Posts : 46

Post by BOLTONSEMEN Tue May 19, 2009 7:34 am

It's alright man. Thanks for the songs anyways. But these songs are good stuff lol.
    Scarface
    Scarface
    Co-Admin
    Co-Admin

Male Posts : 63

Post by Scarface Tue May 19, 2009 9:11 am

I don't like U2 much. I only really rate the song 'Beautiful Day'. I'm not a fan of Bono's singing voice, or his lyrics. They seem pretty poor generally, epsecially in that latest single 'Get On Your Boots', which was dreadful might I add. I give them props for staying in chart music for so long, but their music just isn't to my taste.
    Bek

Post by Bek Tue May 19, 2009 6:32 pm

I respect U2, because they've done a lot for the music industry, but I find it very hard to like them. Like I said, I respect them, but find them VERY overrated.
    Kizza

Post by Kizza Wed May 20, 2009 6:02 am

I loved How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb. Highly underrated. Besides Vertigo.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 1:55 am